On August 1, 2016, federal civil fines increased by 96% for I-9 paperwork violations occurring after November 2, 2015. Paperwork violations consist of errors and omissions on Form I-9. Federal fines are increased as well for E-Verify violations and other immigration-related offenses. Most I-9 violations are deemed continuing violations until corrected, so it is now more important than ever for employers to assess and improve their I-9 and other compliance policies and procedures.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- Employers Brace for Battle with the USCIS
- USDOS Announces August Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- Porting Jobs Under AC(21) Using Form I-485 Supplement J
- USDOS Announces July Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The USDOL Tightens Restrictions for H-1B Workers at Third-Party Worksites