On August 1, 2016, federal civil fines increased by 96% for I-9 paperwork violations occurring after November 2, 2015. Paperwork violations consist of errors and omissions on Form I-9. Federal fines are increased as well for E-Verify violations and other immigration-related offenses. Most I-9 violations are deemed continuing violations until corrected, so it is now more important than ever for employers to assess and improve their I-9 and other compliance policies and procedures.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- The 12 Notes of H-1B Sponsorship: What U.S. Employers Should Know About the H-1B Lottery
- USDOS Announces December Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- USCIS Increases Scrutiny for Nonimmigrant Extension Petitions
- The Immigration Group, P.C. hires new paralegal, Lydia Ethridge.
- USDOS Announces November Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications