On August 1, 2016, federal civil fines increased by 96% for I-9 paperwork violations occurring after November 2, 2015. Paperwork violations consist of errors and omissions on Form I-9. Federal fines are increased as well for E-Verify violations and other immigration-related offenses. Most I-9 violations are deemed continuing violations until corrected, so it is now more important than ever for employers to assess and improve their I-9 and other compliance policies and procedures.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- USCIS Completes H-1B Cap Filing Intake
- Who Pays the Fees in the Employment-Based Green Card Process?
- The Rise of Administrative Processing at U.S. Consulates in India and China
- USDOS Announces April Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The USCIS Drops “Nation of Immigrants” From Mission Statement