The USCIS has published a new regulation, effective January 17, 2017, that eases restrictions on job mobility for foreign workers who are awaiting employment-based green cards. It creates grace periods for temporary workers before and after their employment. As well, it provides automatic extensions of work authorization to adjustment applicants who have filed a timely application to renew an employment authorization document (EAD). Our firm is preparing an FAQ on the new rule and will post it on our website shortly.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- Employers Brace for Battle with the USCIS
- USDOS Announces August Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- Porting Jobs Under AC(21) Using Form I-485 Supplement J
- USDOS Announces July Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The USDOL Tightens Restrictions for H-1B Workers at Third-Party Worksites