The USCIS has recently announced that it will not permit premium processing for any H-1B petitions filed on or after April 3, 2017. This suspension applies to all petitions, whether they are (1) new, transfers, or extensions; (2) subject to or exempt from the cap, or (3) regular or master’s degree petitions. Since H-1B lottery petitions cannot be filed before April 3, all lottery petitions are affected. (The H-1B lottery includes only those petitions received during the first five business days of April, with the first business day being Monday April 3.) Petitions filed prior to April 3 that are not subject to the lottery will receive PPS. The suspension may last up to 6 months.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- USDOS Announces August Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- Porting Jobs Under AC(21) Using Form I-485 Supplement J
- USDOS Announces July Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The USDOL Tightens Restrictions for H-1B Workers at Third-Party Worksites
- USCIS Completes H-1B Cap Filing Intake