The USCIS has recently announced that it will not permit premium processing for any H-1B petitions filed on or after April 3, 2017. This suspension applies to all petitions, whether they are (1) new, transfers, or extensions; (2) subject to or exempt from the cap, or (3) regular or master’s degree petitions. Since H-1B lottery petitions cannot be filed before April 3, all lottery petitions are affected. (The H-1B lottery includes only those petitions received during the first five business days of April, with the first business day being Monday April 3.) Petitions filed prior to April 3 that are not subject to the lottery will receive PPS. The suspension may last up to 6 months.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- USDOS Announces June 2019 Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The Tenuous Position of IT Services Companies In the Current H-1B Setting
- Employers Brace for Battle with the USCIS
- USDOS Announces August Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- Porting Jobs Under AC(21) Using Form I-485 Supplement J