The USCIS has recently announced that it will not permit premium processing for any H-1B petitions filed on or after April 3, 2017. This suspension applies to all petitions, whether they are (1) new, transfers, or extensions; (2) subject to or exempt from the cap, or (3) regular or master’s degree petitions. Since H-1B lottery petitions cannot be filed before April 3, all lottery petitions are affected. (The H-1B lottery includes only those petitions received during the first five business days of April, with the first business day being Monday April 3.) Petitions filed prior to April 3 that are not subject to the lottery will receive PPS. The suspension may last up to 6 months.
- Follow immigrationgroupblog on WordPress.com
- USCIS Completes H-1B Cap Filing Intake
- Who Pays the Fees in the Employment-Based Green Card Process?
- The Rise of Administrative Processing at U.S. Consulates in India and China
- USDOS Announces April Priority Dates For Filing Permanent Residency Applications
- The USCIS Drops “Nation of Immigrants” From Mission Statement